Phone: +61 (03) 9592 3032
Mail: Book In A Day Australia, Suite 3, 2-8 St Andrews Street Brighton 3186 Victoria Australia
Personal Information is Important to Book In A Day
- Book In A Day is committed to safeguarding personal privacy. It recognises that you have a right to control how your personal information is collected and used. Providing personal information is an act of trust and it is taken seriously. Unless given consent to do otherwise, Book In A Day will only collect and use personal information as set out below.
Collecting Personal Information
- Book In A Day will not collect or monitor any personal information about you without your consent. The only personal information collected is what has been provided voluntarily.
- Personal information may be requested if you sign up and/or register a user account on this website, subscribe to any updates, newsletters, electronic newsletters (e-newsletters) and/or alerts on this website, upload, access and/or receive content on this website, enter promotions or competitions via this website, purchase products or services through this website and/or otherwise interact with this website or through any other marketing / promotional activities that we conduct. This is so that we can facilitate or provide you with certain content, products or services and information about such content, products or services (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on this website and purchase transactions undertaken on this website), marketing materials, newsletters, electronic newsletters (e-newsletters), new release / launch information, and advise of other Book In A Day products, services, promotions, competitions or events, which may be of interest. No one is obligated to provide personal information. However, failure to do so may result in Book In A Day being unable to facilitate or provide you with certain content, products or services, products or services information, process your transaction, provide you with upcoming promotion, competition or event information, provide certain services including after sales services and/or accept entries into promotions or competitions (where applicable).
- As with many commercial websites, we may also collect information which tells us about visitors to our website. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of the website are most commonly accessed. This information is generally not linked to the identity of visitors, except where the website is accessed via links in an email we have sent.
- Book In A Day Australia’s policy for collecting personal information from children under the age of 18 is to seek the permission of a parent or guardian for the collection of this information.
Passive Information Collection
- As you navigate through this website, certain anonymous information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without your actively providing the information) using various technologies, such as cookies, Internet tags or web beacons, and navigational data collection (log files, server logs, clickstream). Your Internet browser automatically transmits to this site some of this anonymous information, such as the URL of the website you just came from and the Internet Protocol (IP) address and the browser version your computer is currently using. Such information is not combined with personally identifiable information collected elsewhere on the website unless you have consented.
- ‘Session’ cookies are temporary bits of information that are used to improve navigation, block visitors from providing information where inappropriate (the website ‘remembers’ previous entries of age or country of origin that were outside the specified parameters and blocks subsequent changes), and collect aggregate statistical information on the website. They are erased once you exit your Web browser or otherwise turn off your computer.
- ‘Persistent’ cookies are more permanent bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer and stay there unless you delete the cookie. Persistent cookies store information on your computer for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (such as passwords), helping to determine what areas of the website visitors find most valuable, and customising the website based on your preferences on an ongoing basis. Persistent cookies placed by this website on your computer may hold personally identifiable information, but only if you have registered or have otherwise consented to the retention of personally identifiable information you have provided at the site. Otherwise, our website’s server only knows that an unidentified visitor with your cookie has returned to the website.
- A site may use Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so you can access the Internet and is generally considered to be non-personally identifiable information, because in most cases an IP address is dynamic (changing each time you connect to the Internet), rather than static (unique to a particular user’s computer). The IP address can be used to diagnose problems with a server, report aggregate information, determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to a site, and administer and improve the site.
- ‘Internet tags’ (also known as single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, and 1-by-1 GIFs) are smaller than cookies and tell the website server information such as the IP address and browser type related to the visitor’s computer. Tags may be placed both on online advertisements that bring people to the site and on different pages of the site. Such tags indicate how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted.
- ‘Navigational data’ (log files, server logs, and clickstream data) are used for system management, to improve the content of the site, market research purposes, and to communicate information to visitors.
Using and Disclosing Your Personal Information
- Personal information will be used for the following primary purpose:
- To maintain the functionality of the website, including the provision of information to you relating to the content available on the website and e-commerce transactions conducted via the website.
- To maintain our relationship with you.
- To fulfil obligations under any sale and purchase contract and/or any other contract between you and Book In A Day.
- To render services related to the Book In A Day business (such as after sales services and enquiries).
- To provide you with information about your transactions (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on this website and purchase transactions undertaken on this website), content, services and products, to provide marketing materials, new book releases, events, special offers, competitions and promotions via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel.
- To include you in any promotion or competition that you may enter on this website and, where appropriate, award prizes.
- To provide you with newsletters via mail and electronic newsletters (e-newsletters) via commercial electronic messages.
- To improve the website and system administration
- To obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services and to conduct other research and development.
- To record statistical data for marketing analysis.
- For the purpose described above, personal information may be shared with Penguin Book In A Day group companies either in Australia or overseas or Penguin Book In A Day’s promotional partners. Also, in order to operate the website, deliver a service or complete a transaction, personal information may also be shared with a service provider or other non-Penguin Book In A Day company or professional.
Contact by Book In A Day
- Book In A Day may contact you via telephone, SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email, post or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel using the information provided in respect of the primary purposes for collection of personal information as stated above.
- Despite removing your name from the database from receiving future advertising and marketing information, Book In A Day may send you non-commercial ‘Administrative Emails’. Administrative Emails relate to a Book In A Day user account and may include administrative and transaction confirmations, requests and inquiries or information about a particular Book In A Day user account.
Ability of Others to View Information
- Book In A Day may provide areas on the website where you can upload user-generated content, post or provide information about yourself, communicate with other users, provide reviews for content, products and/or services or interact with or vote on particular content. This information may be shared with others and may be publicly posted on the Book In A Day website, other social media platforms and other public forums in which you choose to participate. This information may become publicly available and may be read, collected and used by others outside of the Book In A Day website. Book In A Day is not responsible for the conduct of others who may read, collect and use this information.
Your Right of Access
- You have the right to review your personal information that may be recorded on the Book In A Day database. Information may be reviewed by contacting the Book In A Day Privacy Officer via email, telephone, or mail. Please allow 14 days for this request to be processed.
Changing and Deleting the Information We Have About You
- Information contained on the database may be amended by contacting the Book In A Day Privacy Officer via email, telephone, or mail. Please allow 14 days for this request to be processed.
- In the same way, a request may be made to delete personal information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information may result in Book In A Day being unable to provide you with information about certain transactions (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on this website and purchase transactions undertaken on this website), other content, services or product information, upcoming promotion, competition or event information and/or provide you with certain content, goods or services.
Storage and Security of Personal Information
- Book In A Day will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information recorded, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. The information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. In some cases these facilities may be overseas. Book In A Day employees and data processors are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Book In A Day. However, security of communications over the Internet cannot be guaranteed, and therefore absolute assurance that information will be secure at all times cannot be given. Book In A Day will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to personal information.
Book In A Day and Links to other Websites and Social Media Platforms
- This website and any related website may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations, including social media links, applications and features, which may be of interest to you. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. Book In A Day is not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to the Book In A Day website.
Problems or Queries
Phone: +61 (03) 9592 3032
Mail: Book In A Day Australia, Suite 3, 2-8 St Andrews Street Brighton 3186 Victoria Australia
Please allow 14 days for this request to be processed.
Words are how we think, stories are how we link